Those around us may be on their own personal journey in less overt ways that we don’t fully recognize or appreciate. Someone may not overtly be on a personal journey, but may still help an elderly lady cross the road. True spirituality does not involve levels, only love and kindness.
What I am suggesting is that, if your life is not working in the way you would like, and you are not living as a full expression of yourself, there are practical steps you can take to return to your divine loving nature. This provides a great foundation for developing meaningful and connected relationships.
There is nothing mystical about the path to consciousness; it’s justa matter of taking a series of steps, just as someone follows certain procedures to become an athlete or learn how to be a chef.
The steps to consciousness:
- Tune into your inner world: your thoughts and emotions (meditation can assist this process).
- Observe your emotions, from that silent place within: that is, your witness or observer.
- Breathe into any tension within your body, allowing thoughts to pass freely through your energetic system without judgment.
- If you are having a reaction, that is, where very strong emotions have come to the surface, observe them with an open heart, allowing them to flow and heal. (A reaction is old repressed emotions coming to the surface for healing)
- You may become aware of thoughts in terms of a limiting beliefs are driving the reaction. You will know, as a limiting belief creates an emotion that does not feel good!
- This is an opportunity to change the belief to one that does support you. You will notice a shift in your body as tension releases. Your body loves expansive, life-giving beliefs.
To transcend fear, observing our thoughts and emotions from our state of awareness is the key. Our natural state is beyond fear, where we are an expression of the beauty of life itself.
When we are in our natural loving state, it is likely that we will have a positive effect on those around us. This is because we are no longer projecting our conditioning, our fears and limiting beliefs, onto those we love.
Currently, men and women do approach things differently and a key part of our journey is accepting the differences! This is just the way it is at this point of time. However, it is entirely possible to evolve and grow together. With greater understanding and more compassion and more love, anything is possible.
When we accept all of ourselves, great transformation is possible. Acceptance of situations allows us to work with rather than against things. Over time we can feel whole and complete.
Sometimes our partners who may seem to be our biggest problem, can facilitate our greatest growth, towards love and freedom. In my personal journey, observing my reactive nature with love and compassion has helped me to integrate the parts of myself that I previously felt uncomfortable with. Relationships have helped me set boundaries and speak my truth, in a way that others can hear.
These were necessary steps on the path of my development, if my relationship was to grow and flourish. How can my partner know what I’m thinking or what is important to me or vice versa, if we are unable to articulate the things that are important to us? Learning to open, share and trust fully and deeply leads to a more loving and authentic relationship.
Relationships, including romantic relationships, although not in a way that we may have initially thought, can be our greatest catalyst for personal evolution on our journey to wholeness.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column_inner][/vc_row_inner][/vc_column][/vc_row]